Gary W. Schwertly, CPA, CGMA
For more than 35 years, Gary W. Schwertly has gained broad-based knowledge dealing with small and mid-sized private and public companies. He has in-depth experience in the manufacturing, distribution, hospitality, entertainment, service, construction, consumer products and international sectors.
He created financial planning models and implemented the conversion to a new “state of the art” financial planning/reporting software package as Chief Financial Officer for the international personal development firm Anthony Robbins Companies. Gary W. Schwertly created accounting systems for operations in Europe with functional accounting principles and currencies being translated to U.S. GAAP and U.S. dollars, respectively, as Vice President-Finance at international hotel management company Woodfin Suite Hotels, LLC. There he negotiated financing packages for a number of hotel conversion projects at below market rates in an environment with little-to-no available funding for hotels.
Gary W. Schwertly negotiated a $20 million credit facility at below-market rates as Senior Vice President – Finance / Chief Financial Officer of international manufacturer and distributor of quality cutlery and related products Buck Knives, Inc. While there he coordinated the origin of a foreign branch and a European distribution center and managed all corporate tax planning and compliance issues. He also led the long-range strategic planning team.
Gary W. Schwertly holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Baltimore.
Certifications, Memberships and Affiliations
- California CPA – License # 21084 (Active)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Member AICPA
- Member California Society of CPA’s
- Business Affiliate with Bill.com
- Vendor Affiliate with ADP Payroll Services
- Vendor Affiliate with Prophix Software
- Business Affiliate with TSheets
- Board of Director – Chantemar HOA, San Diego, CA (Treasurer)
- Former Board of Director – Sun City Palm Desert HOA, Palm Desert, CA
- Former Board of Director – Buck Knives, Inc., San Diego, CA
- Former Board of Director – San Diego MIT Enterprise Forum, San Diego, CA